This site is intended to create collection of photos of lighthouses around the world.
You should follow the Terms and Conditions if you want to use the site:
What is allowed to upload to this site:
- Active or deactivated lighthouses and navigational lights, their remnants or historic photos (to the countries albums or if you don't know where this object located to special album Non-Identified Lighthouses)
- Lamps, lanterns and photos of lighthouses interior (to the countries albums)
- Significant maritime coastal infrustructure objects: Port Control and Vessel Traffic Service towers, Radar control towers (to the countries albums)
- Fog horns, sirens, bells and other coastal sound signals systems (to the countries albums)
- Significant daymarks / beacons build specially for aid-to-navigation purposes but not lit (to the countries albums)
- Lightships (to the countries albums)
- Museum exhibit related to lighthouses (to the special album Museum exhibit)
- Banknotes and coins with images of lighthouses (to special album Banknotes)
- Paintings, sculptures and any other art objects with lighthouses (to special album Lighthouses in Art)
- Stamps with lighthouses images (to special album Stamps with Lighthouses)
- Any other interesting stuff related to lighthouses (to special album Stuff with Lighthouses)
- Non significant daymarks, buoys and other minor aids-to-navigation (to special album Aids-to-Navigation except lighthouses - generally this album almost not moderating)
Requirements for uploaded photos:
- Minimal resolution 640 x 480 pixels, maximum 4096 x 4096 pixels.
- Maximum file size 6 Mb
- Photo should have good quality and lighthouse should be main subject of it.
- Not allowed to upload more than 6 photos of same lighthouse made in same time.
- Photo should be aligned to horizon.
- Description fields should be filled as much as possible. Primary language is English. Local names are allowed, but if local name significantly different from English one please provide both.
- If photo doesn't contain date in EXIF (extended information added by modern digital cameras) or doesn't have visible timestamp - please provide information when this photo was made in the description.
- Photo copyright must be respected. You can upload only your own photos, photos of public domain or photos for which you have permission of the author.
Photos doesn't corresponded to this rules could be deleted by Administrators. Exceptions of these rules are possible for valuable photos and leaving at the Administrator's judgement.
For other questions please see FAQ
or ask administrator
If you want to use any photos of another user, uploaded to this site, for any purposes, you should obtain permission of author unless otherwise stated in the photo description. You can ask this permission using personal messages of the forum.
Please note: information on this site is unofficial and could not be used in navigation.
You agree, through your use of this site, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, adult material, or otherwise in violation of any International or United States Federal law. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless you own the copyright or you have written consent from the owner of the copyrighted material. Spam, flooding, advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are also forbidden on this site.
Note that it is impossible for the staff or the owners of this site to confirm the validity of posts. Please remember that we do not actively monitor the posted messages, and as such, are not responsible for the content contained within. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information presented. The posted messages express the views of the author, and not necessarily the views of this forum, its staff, its subsidiaries, or this site's owner. Anyone who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to notify an administrator or moderator of this site immediately. The staff and the owner of this site reserve the right to remove objectionable content, within a reasonable time frame, if they determine that removal is necessary. This is a manual process, however, please realize that they may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately. This policy applies to member profile information as well.
You remain solely responsible for the content of your posted messages. Furthermore, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless the owners of this site, any related websites to this site, its staff, and its subsidiaries. The owners of this site also reserve the right to reveal your identity (or any other related information collected on this service) in the event of a formal complaint or legal action arising from any situation caused by your use of this site.
You have the ability, as you register, to choose your username. We advise that you keep the name appropriate. With this user account you are about to register, you agree to never give your password out to another person except an administrator, for your protection and for validity reasons. You also agree to NEVER use another person's account for any reason. We also HIGHLY recommend you use a complex and unique password for your account, to prevent account theft.
After you register and login to this site, you will be able to fill out a detailed profile. It is your responsibility to present clean and accurate information. Any information the site owner or staff determines to be inaccurate or vulgar in nature will be removed, with or without prior notice. Appropriate sanctions may be applicable.
Please note that with each post, your IP address is recorded, in the event that you need to be banned from this site or your ISP contacted. This will only happen in the event of a major violation of this agreement.
Also note that the software places a cookie, a text file containing bits of information (such as your username and password), in your browser's cache. This is ONLY used to keep you logged in/out. The software does not collect or send any other form of information to your computer.