Iraq
Marshall Islands
Nauru
Tuvalu

Full map
Best regards,
Dmitry

Michal Gastropoda Marciniak

Cook Islands and Rarotonga & Cook Islands - one box is too much...
Tokelau will be empty - there is no navigation light - no harbour, no airstrip
Greetings Michal

Samoa is not empty anymore...

Montserrat had during my visit there in January 2013 no lighthouses

mitko

Thanks for correction - agreed for all except Montserrat:
they have two nav lights - Airport tower (admiralty J5688) and one more aerolight 0.5 miles NW from runway - Admiralty J5688.2
Best regards,
Dmitry

I thought that this page is for maritime navigation lights; I see here pictures from many other structures..., but why air navigation?

mitko

British admiralty list of lights index is for maritime navigation, if light has admiralty index - it is presented at navigation chart as lighthouse. So these lights are both for air and sea simultaneously.
Best regards,
Dmitry

Airports on Montserrat
1/ Blackburne (W.H.Bramble) Airport is under ashes since many years - it was on the eastern side of the island close to the sea shore
2/ Gerald's (John Osborne) Airport is in the middle in the northern part of the island, relatively high (nearly 200 m a.s.l.) from most sides invisible from the sea
On which airport are these lights?
Maybe there will be at least a harbour light in the future (but its not sure, because already now there is a small traffic there including a ferry), because the governement is building a small harbour.
Greetings Michal

mitko

This is nav chart of Monserrat  - so the lights are red circle and Green+Yellow
Best regards,
Dmitry

Hola Dmitry!
As I thaught... these lights dont exist anymore, the old airport is covered with ashes, there is nice site to look at, lead by Montserrat Volcano Observatory (btw the newest volcano observatory in the world)
mvo.ms
Greetings MICHAL

mitko

Well, thanks for correction, will clean out the list.
Best regards,
Dmitry

No, no - as I wrote - in the future it will be maybe a harbour light, because they are building now a new capitol and harbour

mitko

Will see. I wouldn't delete the album itself - keep for future.
Best regards,
Dmitry

Now you can see, that there are even in "high" maritime authorities not actual informations...
Have you been looking at
mvo.ms ?

Oh, I see Montserrat was wipped not only by volcano eruption...

Copyright @ 2022 All rights reserved
Terms and Conditions
Using of photographs from this site allowed only with permission of author unless otherwise stated in the photo description.
Please note: information on this site is unofficial and could not be used in navigation.
If you find any problem in the site operation or mistakes in represented information - please report here