Timeliness

Started by Michal Gastropoda Marciniak, April 15, 2014, 08:57:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michal Gastropoda Marciniak

I was been looking little bit to the pictures of lighthouses here and I found many inexact time information about the date of taking picture. Two examples:
1/ Rubjerg Knude in Denmark - I was there in September 2012
No museum as the info says; nothing to see from the lighthouse keeper houses; picture dated March 2012 shows near the lighthouse two houses 1/3 in sand, picture dated October 2013 not the least trace left from the buildings...
2/ Sandy Island in Antigua and Barbuda - I was there in February 2013 (I have a very bad picture from far distance)
There is no lantern on the skeletal tower, it was been removed some years ago; following the information on this page: did the maritime authority from  St. Johns bring back the lantern on the top of the tower? (on picture dated December 2013 there is lantern)
My suggestion is:
Uploading a picture from a lighthouse and giving "other and date information" about it - make some up-to-date. It would be nice to follow in some cases the history of the structures.
Greetings Michal

Netherland Antilles
They don't exist anymore...
Since 10-10-2010 there are 6 'units' - Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao, Sint Maarten, Sint Eustatius and Saba. Here there are 2 albums: Sint Maarten and Netherland Antilles. My suggestion: if we put former Netherland Antilles together, then separate album should be for Saint Martin. What do you think Dmitry? (or you make 6 separate albums + 1 for Saint Martin, but in the northern islands there are no many lights - if Im not wrong 1 per island + eventually air navigation)

Sorry - I just saw there is Aruba and Curacao between the albums

mitko

Hi Michael! Finally i found the time to rewrite the site rules. Will announce them soon.
Best regards,
Dmitry

Copyright @ 2022 All rights reserved
Terms and Conditions
Using of photographs from this site allowed only with permission of author unless otherwise stated in the photo description.
Please note: information on this site is unofficial and could not be used in navigation.
If you find any problem in the site operation or mistakes in represented information - please report here