Cairns

Started by Bergwind, April 04, 2015, 11:06:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bergwind

I have made a boat trip from Cairns to Fitzroy Island and back. Far away I have seen an island ( also visible from Cairns ) and a tower. I suppose, thats a lighthouse. Either I can identify the island, maybe Green Island reef, nor I can identyfy  the supposed lighthouse in the internet!  :(

mitko

Here is the chart of the area. This could be Green Island (there is some beacon on this island marked on the chart) or Arlington reef (but it doesn't stay on island as far as i could see).  Green island is admiralty K3170.2
I think this is the mast in the middle of island on this picture https://ssl.panoramio.com/photo/83811125
Best regards,
Dmitry

Bergwind

:) Wonderful, I believe, you are right again. Lighthouse Directory dont list a light on Green Island. Thats the only way I search for lighthouses. Thanks, Dmitry !  Andreas

Copyright @ 2022 All rights reserved
Terms and Conditions
Using of photographs from this site allowed only with permission of author unless otherwise stated in the photo description.
Please note: information on this site is unofficial and could not be used in navigation.
If you find any problem in the site operation or mistakes in represented information - please report here