How to find a description for a light

Started by Bergwind, September 25, 2016, 07:23:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bergwind

Recently I have done a great lighthouse trip along the Five Great Lakes! I have made many pictures from lighthouses and smaller lights. How to find the description (Admiralty) for smalles lights?? By maps, by lists? The picture shows a light made from Blackwell Island New York! Admiralty....? I wasn't successful at Admiralty website! :-[

mitko

Admiralty list is not free of charge. I suggest for US you can use the US Coastguard list (anyway Great Lakes lights doesn't have admiralty number at all because they are inland).
USCG lists (7 volumes) can be downloaded as PDF here:
http://msi.nga.mil/NGAPortal/MSI.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=msi_portal_page_62&pubCode=0014
The light index will be: USCG N-XXXXX  (N - volume number, XXXXX - number of light in volume).
Anyway i can help you in this - but indicate coordinates then upload minor light.
Best regards,
Dmitry

Bergwind

What a quick answer, thanks Mitko ! ;D I will try to mark Minor Lights, but I am not sure, to do that always! ;)

Copyright @ 2022 All rights reserved
Terms and Conditions
Using of photographs from this site allowed only with permission of author unless otherwise stated in the photo description.
Please note: information on this site is unofficial and could not be used in navigation.
If you find any problem in the site operation or mistakes in represented information - please report here